Have you ever written a book review?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Review for Robert Rodes biography


"For any serious student of the Civil War, and especially those interested in the vaunted Army of Northern Virginia, this book is a must. It is also a most welcome addition to Civil War historiography, for Collins was able to save Rodes from drifting further and further into the shadows of neglect." --John Hoptak, Park Ranger, Antietam National Battlefield.

Jump over to John's website by clicking here if you would like to read the entire review about Darrel Collins' recently released and simply outstanding biography.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm not being slight when I say it's one of the best bios I've read.

I had a signing in Gettysburg this summer with Darrel, and it was then that I got my copy of the book. I read most of it that evening back a the home of a friend at which I was staying. I completed it shortly after I got home. As you know, I'm a Gettysburg day one wonk, and Darrel was right on the money with that part of the book.

The book is fabulously written and is one of those that is hard to put down - you want to find out what happens to Rodes next, regardless of what you already know.

As Hoptak says, this bio has brought Rodes back out of obscurity, and with a hell of a wonderfully written bio to boot.

J.D.